Personal counselling and psychology should help you identify and achieve your goals. Over the years, Brad has collected the best personal counselling tools, tips, and strategies to help his clients get the maximum results. Skills Brad has helped clients develop to improve their mental and emotional health include:
- Building people skills
- Improving communication skills
- Understanding your mind and how to maximise your results
- Connecting with those around you openly and honestly
- Managing stress effectively
- Deal with conflict in your relationships in a calm and confident manner
- Managing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Getting rid of depression and anxiety and other mental health issues
- Managing addictions – including alcohol and gambling addictions
- Coping with grief and loss
- Managing anger effectively
- Pain management
- Increasing critical thinking skills
- Boosting self-esteem and self-confidence
By providing you with proven skills in a simple and easy format, we know you will start to feel better and enjoy more of the valuable time you have right away.
Types of Psychological Approaches Used in Brad Everton’s Personal Counselling:
Because Brad likes to share his strategies in a very down-to-earth and easy-to-understand manner, you may not easily recognise the therapeautic approaches he uses in your counselling sessions. His most preferred styles include:
- positive psychology
- solution-focused therapy
- cognitive behavioural therapy
- acceptance and commitment therapy
- client-centred therapy
- motivational interviewing
- strengths-based approaches
- psychodynamic approaches
- emotion-focused therapy
How to Access Confidential Mental Health Support Using the Medicare Better Health Access Initiative:
- We organise an appointment for you to see our highly trained and experienced psychologist Brad Everton
- You see your GP and they put the mental health care plan in place
- You attend your 55-minute session with Brad where he will guide you to outline your issue/s and set a goal to work towards (he will also give you some strategies to get started)
- We will process payment for the session – this is $200
- We can instantly process the Medicare rebate (currently $87.45) which usually goes back into your account overnight (instantly if you are with ING)
- We secure your next appointment, and you get to go out and start putting your new strategies into practice.
Find out more about services that are available through the Medicare Better Health Access Initiative by looking over this Fact Sheet.
The benefit of accessing counselling services using the Medicare system is that you will be able to obtain a rebate to cover part of your support. And it will also allow you to create a support network around you by including your doctor in the circle of your mental wellbeing care.
Accessing Private and Confidential Counselling Without a Referral
You do not have to obtain a referral to be able to access psychology services. If you would prefer to gain support through other avenues, we are happy to help in the following manner:
Private counselling without a referral
Simply contact us directly and we will organise a time for you to chat with our psychologist at a time that suits you.
Psychology using your Private Health Fund
We have the facilities in-house to support you by using your private health insurance. We can process your immediate rebate on the day of the appointment and then you simply cover the gap fee. The amount you are out of pocket depends upon your health fund and your level of cover. To find out what your benefit is, contact your provider and they will be able to help you. To see which private health funds we can process your rebates with, simply click here.
Personal Counselling through NDIS: Self Managed and Plan Managed
A mental health condition or physical limitation that significantly reduces your ability to live a full and happy life can be debilitating if you don’t have the right support to keep you on track.
Brad Everton has collaborated with people who have mental, emotional and physical disabilities over the last 20 years to help them increase their capacity and ability to cope with acts of daily living. Brad can help you to live a more fulfilled and independent life including helping you to build skills to overcome your barriers and achieve the goals you will set together.
- You may struggle to make and keep social connections. In this instance, Brad can provide you with strategies from small and subtle physical behaviours to thought processes you can change to improve your self-esteem or ways to approach a conversation. The key thing is that Brad will meet you where you are and provide you with the next step to move you towards your goal.
Comcare and Workcover personal counselling
We supply mental health support to those who have been adversely affected by workplace issues including traumatic events and incapacitating injuries. Through your counselling sessions, you will be provided with ways to cope, tools to rebuild your confidence and strategies to promote your recovery.
What To Do If You Need Immediate Support:
We would love to support you with your personal development journey. However, as a small private practice, we do not have all the resources available for certain situations. Below are areas where you may need more support than we can offer right now:
- If you feel your life is in danger or require immediate help, please contact 000 now
- If you are experiencing suicidal or self harm thoughts right now or just finding it extremely difficult to cope, please contact your GP for an immediate appointment or seek support from one of the following 24-hour services:
- If you need support around sexual assault, domestic or family violence, please click here to get immediate support from 1800RESPECT
More Useful Services Offering Personal Counselling and Support:
If you are currently serving in the armed forces, are a veteran or family of the same, you can access free and confidential counselling, programs, and peer networks by contacting: Open Arms – Veterans and Families Counselling – 1800 011 046
If you require bulk billing services, one of our colleagues may be able to assist. Simply Google “bulk billing psychologist” in your area.
If you need to secure a court report or official diagnosis, please use the easy search function available on the Australian Psychological Society’s website by clicking here