Psychology and counselling should help you identify and achieve your goals in some of the following areas:
- Building interpersonal skills
- Improving communication skills
- Boosting self-esteem and self-confidence
- Understanding yourself and how to maximise your results
- Connecting with those around you openly and honestly
- Managing stress effectively
- Deal with conflict in your relationships in a calm and confident manner
- Getting rid of depression and anxiety and other mental health issues
- Managing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Eliminating addictions including alcohol and gambling addictions
- Managing anger effectively
- Dealing with domestic violence issues
- Managing grief and loss
- Pain management
- Increasing problem solving skills
By providing you with proven skills in a simple and easy format, we know you will start to feel better and enjoy more of the valuable time you have right away.
Types of Psychological Approaches Brad Everton Uses:
Because Brad likes to share his strategies in a very down to earth and easy to understand manner, you may not easily recognise the therapeautic approaches he uses in your counselling sessions. His most preferred styles include:
- positive psychology
- solution-focused therapy
- cognitive behavioural therapy
- acceptance and commitment therapy
- client centred therapy
- motivational interviewing
- strengths based approaches
- psychodynamic approaches
- emotion focused therapy
How to Access Confidential Mental Health Support Using the Medicare Better Health Access Initiative:
- We organise an appointment for you to see our highly trained and experienced psychologist Brad Everton
- You see your GP and they put the mental health care plan in place
- You attend your 55 minute session with Brad where he will guide you to outline your issue/s and set a goal to work towards (he will also give you some strategies to get started)
- We will process payment for the session – this is $180
- We can instantly process the Medicare rebate (currently $87.45) which usually goes back into your account overnight (instantly if you are with ING)
- We secure your next appointment and you get to go out and start putting you new strategies into practice.
Find out more about services that are available through the Medicare Better Health Access Initiative by looking over this Fact Sheet.
The benefit of accessing counselling services using the Medicare system is that you will be able to obtain a rebate to cover a portion of your support. And it will also allow you to create a support network around you by including your doctor in the circle of your mental wellbeing care.
Accessing Private and Confidential Counselling Without a Referral
You do not have to obtain referral to be able to access psychology services. If you would prefer to gain support through other avenues, we are happy to assist in the following manner:
Private counselling without a referral
Simply contact us directly and we will organise a time for you to chat with our psychologist at a time that suits you.
Psychology using your Private Health Fund
We have the facilities in-house to support you by using your private health insurance. We can process your immediate rebate on the day of the appointment and then you simply cover the gap fee. The amount you are out of pocket depends upon your health fund and your level of cover. To find out what your benefit is, contact your provider and they will be able to assist you. To see which private health funds we can process your rebates with, simply click here.
Counselling through NDIS: Self Managed and Plan Managed
Brad Everton has worked with people who have mental, emotional and physical disabilities over the last 20 years to help them increase their capacity and ability to cope with acts of daily living. To access our support, contact us directly to find out the next step towards improving your outcomes.
Comcare and Workcover counselling
We provide mental health support to those who have been adversely affected by workplace issues including traumatic events and incapacitating injuries. Through your counselling sessions, you will be provided with ways to cope, tools to rebuild your confidence and strategies to assist your recovery.
What To Do If You Need Immediate Support:
We would love to support you with your personal development journey, however as a small private practice, we do not have all the resources available to provide certain services. Below are some areas where we may not be the appropriate fit for you right now:
- If you feel your life is in danger or require immediate help, please contact 000 now
- If you are experiencing suicidal or self harm thoughts right now or just finding it extremely difficult to cope, please contact your GP for an immediate appointment or seek support from one of the following 24 hour services:
- If you need support around sexual assault, domestic or family violence, please click here to get immediate support from 1800RESPECT
More Useful Services Offering Counselling and Support:
If you are currently serving in the armed forces, are a veteran or family of the same, you can access free and confidential counselling, programs, and peer networks by contacting: Open Arms – Veterans and Families Counselling – 1800 011 046
If you require bulk billing services, the best option is to do a Google search for a bulk billing psychologist in your area
If you need to secure a court report or official diagnosis, please use the easy search function available on the Australian Psychological Society’s website by clicking here